Western cape activities
There are many activities in the Western Cape to keep you entertained between presentations:
- Hikes up Table Mountain and Lion's Head.
- Wine tours.
- Weekend trip to Oudtshoorn to visit Cango Caves, see some crocodiles, pet a cheetah and maybe even get to ride an ostrich.
- Local tours of Cape Point, Hout Bay, Camps Bay, the Clifton Beaches etc.
- Tour of Karoo Array Telescope site.
- Game drives and other wildlife viewing at a local private game reserve.
- Steak (The Wooden Shoe, and Nelson's Eye)
The NY Times has several articles that may be of interest:
- Bagging Bargains in Cape Town (published: 22 February 2009)
- South African Wines Step Onto the Stage (published: 21 January 2009)
- 36 Hours in Cape Town (published: 27 January 2008)
- In South Africa, Vintages That Match the Views (published: 15 April 2007)
For those passing through Johannesburg, there is one good reason to stick around for a day: