J. Manley, M. Welz, A. Parsons, S. Ratcliffe, R. van Rooyen
- The first official release of the SPEAD specification document describing a datastream format suitable for use by radio astronomy instruments.
- A document describing the recommended use of the SPEAD protocol.
- The "KATCP" control protocol as reference document.
- A fast and light Python implementation of the Streaming Protocol for the Exchanged of Astronomical Data (SPEAD)
- A newer Python and C++ implementation of SPEAD, with better performance and correctness, and Python 3 support
Example Packet Exchange
High resolution images from appendix examples in SPEAD specification document for display and reference.
Creating ItemDescriptors to define 3 variables for transmission using SPEAD-64-40.
Once an Item has been described, data packet transmission can begin. In Step 3 of this example we use ridiculously small packets to demonstrate fragmentation.